This policy is valid from Jan 2023.
TutorAi, a legal entity governed by private law, takes your privacy seriously and ensures the security and data protection of all its customers, partners, suppliers and users of the site tutorai.app domain and any other site, store or application operated by the merchant.
Section 1 – Definitions
“Personal Data”: means any information that, directly or indirectly, identifies or may identify a natural person, such as name, CPF, date of birth, IP address, among others;
“Sensitive Personal Data”: means any information that reveals, in relation to a natural person, racial or ethnic origin, religious conviction, political opinion, affiliation to a union or organization of a religious, philosophical or political nature, data referring to health or sex life, genetic or biometric data;
“Processing of Personal Data”: means any operation carried out within the scope of Personal Data, by means of automatic means or not, such as the collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or, alternatively, making available, harmonizing or combining, restricting, deleting or destroying. Any other operation foreseen under the terms of the applicable legislation is also considered Personal Data Processing;
“Data Protection Laws”: means all legal provisions that regulate the Processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to, Law No. 13.709/18, General Law for the Protection of Personal Data (“LGPD”).
Section 2 – Use of Personal Data
We collect and use Personal Data to manage your relationship with us and better serve you when you are purchasing products and/or services in the store, customizing and improving your experience. Examples of how we use data include:
Enable you to purchase products and/or services in the store;
To confirm or correct the information we hold about you;
To send you information that we believe may be of interest to you;
To personalize your experience using the store;
To contact you at a telephone number and/or email address provided. We may contact you in person, by voice message, through automatic dialing equipment, by text messages (SMS), by email, or by any other means of communication that your device is capable of receiving, under the terms of law and for reasonable business purposes.
In addition, the Personal Data provided may also be used in the way we deem necessary or appropriate: (a) in accordance with Data Protection Laws; (b) to meet legal process requirements; (c) to comply with a court decision, regulatory decision or decision of competent authorities, including authorities outside the country of residence; (d) to apply our Terms and Conditions of Use; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our, your or third parties’ rights, privacy, security; (g) to detect and prevent fraud; (h) allow us to use the available actions levels or limit damages that we may suffer; and (i) in other ways permitted by law.
Section 3 – Non-Provision of Personal Data
There is no obligation to share the Personal Data we request. However, if you choose not to share them, in some cases, we will not be able to provide you with full access to the store, some specialized resources or be able to provide the necessary assistance or, even, enable the delivery of the product or provide the contracted service. for you.
Section 4 – Data Collected
The general public will be able to browse the store without the need for any registration and submission of Personal Data. However, some of the store’s functionalities may depend on registering and sending Personal Data, such as completing the purchase/contracting of the service and/or enabling the delivery of the product/provision of the service by us.
When contacting the store, we can collect:
- Contact data: first name, last name, telephone number, address, city, state and email address;
- Information sent: information you send via form (doubts, complaints, suggestions, criticisms, compliments, etc.).
In general navigation in the store, we may collect:
- Location data: geolocation data when you access the store;
- Preferences: information about your preferences and interests in relation to products/services (when you tell us what they are or when we deduce them from what we know about you);
- Store browsing data: information about your visits and activities, including the content (and any advertisements) you view and interact with, information about the browser and device you are using, your IP address, your location, the address of the website from which you arrived. Some of this information is collected using our Automatic Data Collection Tools, which include cookies, web beacons and embedded web links. To learn more, read how we use Automatic Data Collection Tools in section 7 below;
- Anonymous or aggregated data: anonymous responses to surveys or anonymous and aggregated information about how the store is used. During our operations, in certain cases, we apply a de-identification or pseudonymization process to your data so that it is reasonably unlikely that you will be able to identify you through the use of that data with available technology;
- Other information we may collect: information that does not specifically reveal your identity or that is not directly related to an individual, such as browser and device information; Store usage data; and information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
We do not collect Sensitive Personal Data.
Section 5 – Sharing of Personal Data with Third Parties
We may share your Personal Data:
- With the partner company(s) you select or choose to send your data, inquiries, questions, etc., as well as with service providers or partners to manage or support certain aspects of our business operations on our name. These service providers or partners may be located in the United States, Argentina, Brazil or other global locations, including servers for homologation and production, and service providers for hosting and data storage, fraud management, customer support, sales on our behalf, order fulfillment, content personalization, advertising and marketing activities (including digital and personalized advertising) and IT services, for example;
- With third parties, for the purpose of helping us manage the store;
- With third parties in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, assignment or transfer of all or part of our business, assets or capital (including those relating to bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Section 6 – International Data Transfers
Section 7 – Automatic Collection of Personal Data
When you visit the store, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mainly in the form of cookies, which are text files containing small amounts of information. This information may be about you, your preferences or your device and is primarily used to make the store work as you expect. The information usually does not directly identify you, but it may provide you with a more personalized internet experience.
- Through the browser or device: some information is collected by most browsers or automatically by through Internet access devices, such as the type of computer, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device model and manufacturer, language, type and version of the Internet browser you are using. We may use this information to ensure that the store functions properly.
If you do not want your information to be collected through cookies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows cookies to be automatically rejected, or offers the option to accept or reject the transfer of a specific cookie (or cookies)( s) from a certain website to your computer. However, this can cause inconvenience in the use of the store.
Section 8 – Cookie Categories
The cookies used in our store comply with legal requirements and fall into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary: these cookies allow you to safely browse the site and enjoy essential features. One example is security cookies, which authenticate users, protect their data and prevent the creation of fraudulent logins.
- Performance: cookies in this category collect information in a coded and anonymous way related to our virtual store, such as, for example, the number of visitors to a specific page, the origin of visits to the site and which pages the user accesses. All data collected is used only for possible improvements to the website and to measure the effectiveness of our communication.
- Functionality: these cookies are used to remember user preference settings in order to improve your visit to our website, such as, for example, settings applied to the website layout or your responses to pop-ups for promotions and registrations -; that way, you won’t have to ask countless times.
Section 9 – User Rights
You may, at any time, request: (i) confirmation that your Personal Data is being processed; (ii) access to your Personal Data; (iii) corrections to incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data; (iv) anonymization, blocking or deletion of data that is unnecessary, excessive or processed in violation of the provisions of law; (v) portability of Personal Data to another service provider, as long as this does not affect our industrial and commercial secrets; (vi) deletion of Personal Data processed with your consent, to the extent permitted by law; (vii) information about the entities to which your Personal Data has been shared; (viii) information about the possibility of not providing consent and the consequences of the refusal; and (ix) revocation of consent. Your requests will be treated with special care so that we can ensure the effectiveness of your rights. You may be asked that proves your identity in order to ensure that the Personal Data is only shared with the owner.
You should bear in mind that, in certain cases (for example, due to legal requirements), your order may not be immediately fulfilled, and that we may not be able to fulfill it due to legal obligations.
Section 10 – Security of Personal Data
We seek to adopt the appropriate technical and organizational measures provided for by Data Protection Laws to protect Personal Data in our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or data storage system is guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you believe that the security of any of your accounts has been compromised), please notify us immediately.
Section 11 – Hypertext links to other websites and social networks
The Store may, from time to time, contain hypertext links that will redirect you to the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, suppliers, etc. If you click on one of these links to any of these sites, remember that each site has its own privacy practices and we are not responsible for those policies. Please consult those policies before submitting any Personal Data to these sites.
We remind you that we are committed not to treat your Personal Data in a way that is incompatible with the purposes described above, unless otherwise required by law or court order.
Section 13 – Person in charge of processing Personal Data